VK port-a-log ADIF converter
This page converts ADIF files produced by the “VK port-a-log” Android app, adding information about the summit (summit name, coordinates and grid square) and optionally changing SOTA-specific fields for import into HRD Logbook.
Upload your ADIF file from VK port-a-log below, and you will get a new ADIF file that is ready for importing into your favorite log software.
It does the following:
- Looks up the longitude, latitude and grid square for the summit from the SOTA database and fills in the MY_LAT/MY_LON/MY_GRIDSQUARE fields.
- Looks up the summit name from the SOTA database and puts it into the MY_CITY field.
- Copies the operator's callsign from the OPERATOR field (where VK port-a-log puts it) into STATION_CALLSIGN.
- Sets the MY_COUNTRY field according to the operator's call (currently only for HB9, DL, OE).
- Converts the output to ISO-8859-1
Additionally, if the HRD Logbook option is checked, it does the following:
- Moves the MY_SOTA_REF field to the MY_SIG_INFO field, and sets MY_SIG to “SOTA”. This is because HRD Logbook does not support MY_SOTA_REF.
- If the QSO was an S2S, it puts the string “SOTA S2S XX/XX-NNN” into the COMMENT field and removes the SOTA_REF field.
Questions? Ideas for conversion to other log programs? Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Manuel HB9DQM)